The Santa Clara Agrotourism centre and Rural Cottage is located in privileged surroundings on the old Camino de Santiago Pilgrim route, and was a chapel and inn until 1771.
It is on the top of the mountain serving as a balcony from which the village of Zumaia can be seen as well as some spectacular views of the sea.
It is the ideal destiny for those who wish to enjoy the best rural tourism, in an unmatched natural setting with impressive vistas of the coast and the Basque Country. Mountain lovers can enjoy walks and trails along valleys and hills of the region. And those sun, beach and surf worshipers can take pleasure in the beaches of Santiago and Itzurun, the most iodized beach in Europe.
Moreover, in Zumaia, Deba and Mutriku we can find one of the world’s greatest geological marvels – the Flysch: millions of years of geological history written in successive rocky strata – which, due to the sea’s continuous action have been left exposed, and which can be seen from our Santa Clara house.
Santa clara offers its guests a unique experience, with ideas for the kids to have a great time being farmers for a day, collecting fresh eggs from the chicken coops, riding a donkey or feeding the calves and the lambs.
Our friendly treatment will make you feel at home and have a memorable stay at Santa Klara.
Type of accommodation
- Agrotourism centre apartment and Rural Cottage
- Rental by room or entire house.
- Basque Coast Geopark (Geoparkea Costa Vasca)
- Pagoeta Natural Park
- Deba Zumaia Flysch Protected Coastal Biotope
- Basque, English
Rooms / Capacity
- 10 rooms and apartment with double room
- 24 guests and 8 supplementary beds
2 rooms adapted for wheelchair users, including all common areas in Santa Klara.
- Double room from 55 to 77€ per night
- Apartment from 130 to 180€
- Breakfast 5€ per person per day
- Right to use of kitchen 5€ per room per day
- Guided visit around our farm: boarding guests: free. Visitors: 10€ adults and 5€ child aged from 3 to 12 years.
Accreditations, Standards (Quality, Sustainability)
- A collaborative partner of the Basque Coast Geopark
- Committed to Integrated Quality Management in Spanish Tourist Destinations (SICTED)
Commitment to biodiversity conservation and local development
- We are collaborative partners of the Basque Coast Geopark.
- We collaborate with the Zumaia Flysch Trail race which supports different charities working in areas such as education in conflict zones, environment, integration, equality…
- We have set up guided visits on our farm to educate and teach both children and adults how to treat and respect animals. We also show how to work our vegetable plot and its importance for our nutrition and the sustainability of our planet.
- We work in collaboration with small-scale producers, providing an outlet for their product. For breakfast we offer our clients our home made food (milk, marmalade, walnuts, cake…) made with ingredients sourced locally or nationally.
Calle de los Diseminados, Sección 4 – Apdo. 93 · 20750 ZUMAIA (Gipuzkoa – Spain)
Datos de contacto
- Phone: +34 639879611
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.agroturismosantaklara.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AgroturismoSantaKlara/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/agroturismosantaklara/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SantaKlararural