Situated in the heart of the Sierra Nevada Natural Park, just 8 km from Laujar de Andarax, this old forest house has been refurbished and converted into a country home where visitors can enjoy an unforgettable stay in nature and practise all types of outdoor activities.
“Casa Rural Monterrey” is a country home with two independent floors that can be rented together or separately for small groups:
- “Casa Chullo” is situated on the ground floor with capacity for four persons and adapted for persons with reduced mobility. It has one bedroom with four beds, a lounge-kitchen with fireplace and bathroom.
- “Casa Almirez” occupies the upper floor and can accommodate six persons. It has two bedrooms, one with four beds and the other with two beds, a living room-kitchen with fireplace, gas refrigerator, pellet stove in the living room and a bathroom.
Both houses are equipped with all the necessary kitchenware items, firewood and blankets. All the beds are 90 cm in length.
Outdoor terrace with spectacular views.
Since the house is located in an isolated area, electricity is generated by photovoltaic solar panels.
Easy access by car along a forest track.
Chance to enjoy different activities in the area:
- Hiking roots.
- Flora and fauna watching.
- Car or bicycle routes along forest tracks.
- Visits to nearby towns (agrifood companies, restaurants, monuments).
Type of accommodation
Country House. Category: Basic; Type: Lodge, Not Shared
Paraje Monterrey, Carretera de la Sierra s/n
E-04470 Laujar de Andarax
Geographic coordinates:: 37.012842º / -2.540119º
- Adhered to the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism.
- “Natural Park of Andalusia” Trademark
Sierra Nevada Natural Park and very near to the boundaries of the National Park
English, German, French, Turkish
- Casa Chullo: 1 room (4 persons)
- Casa Almirez: 2 rooms (4 and 2 persons)
- Full House. Maximum 10 persons
Ground floor (4 beds) adapted for persons with reduced mobility
From 150 €, according to the number of persons and duration of the stay.
Commitment to the conservation of the biodiversity and protected areas.
- Certified with the “Natural Park Of Andalusia” Trademark
- Accredited under the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism (ECST) in Sierra Nevada