Goikola is a pretty cottage, formerly a 14th century forge, surrounded by high mountains, leafy woods and meadows, through which the Gaztañegi stream comes and goes as it pleases along the valley of Lastur, within the great limestone massif of Izarraitz in the heart of the Basque Coast Geopark.
The owners are Txema and Carmen, and they are always happy to welcome their guests. They offer them a stay in which they can combine the tranquility of a rural and crafts atmosphere with the enjoyment of the beauty of nature through walks and activities in the area.
The cottage has five double rooms, all exterior and with their own bathroom. The guests can enjoy the common areas (two kitchens, sitting room, ping-pong table, and a garden with furniture and barbeque.
There is also an apartment for four in a ground floor building built in rustic style.
In a small textile workshop next to the cottage we transform wool from the Latxa sheep: carding, spinning, natural dyes and high and low warp-looms.
Type of accommodation
- Rural Cottage and apartment.
- Located in the heart of the Basque Coast Geopark.
- Basque, English.
Rooms / Capacity
- 5 double rooms
- 1 apartment for 4 guests
- In total a maximum of 16 guests.
- 1 double bedroom is adapted.
- Double room: from 60€ in low season to 70€ in high season.
- Apartment: from 100€ in low season to 120€ in high season.
- Breakfast: 6€/person
Accreditations, Standards (Quality, Sustainability)
- A collaborative partner of the Basque Coast Geopark
- Committed to Integrated Quality Management in Spanish Tourist Destinations (SICTED)
Commitment to biodiversity conservation and local development
- Highly committed to the rural environment, sustainability and local development.
- Best practice in compliance with SICTED requirements.
Goikola, Lastur Goia 20829 Itziar Deba (Gipuzkoa – Spain)
- Phone: +34 943 199 082 / +34 608 481 214 / +34 636 813 999
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.goikola.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Casa-Rural-Goikola-298405646899381/