The southern skirt of the Sierra de Gredos shows, in a few kilometers, more than 2.000 meters vertical drop, with diverse landscapes, gorges with cristallyne waters and a succession of Mediterranean bushes and forests from the middle of the Iberian peninsula with and a clear atlantic influence.
On the other side of the river Tiétar, large meadows of holm oaks and cork oaks which are the Imperial eagle ´s habitat and cranes and waterfowl ´s concentration site at the Rosarito reservoir.
Cultivations and plains full of bustards, little bustards , and big colonies of kestrels.
This area also preserves many celtic settlement remains and traditional landscapes where hand embroidery and ceramic are still present.
Kind of area
- Sierra de Gredos Regional Park
- ASPB Tiétar Valley and reservoirs of Rosarito and Navalcán
- ASPB Llanos de Oropesa , Lagartera and Calera y Chozas
Commitment to sustainable tourism
- Sierra de Gredos Regional Park is accredited under the European Charter of sustainable tourism
- The ASPB Llanos de Oropesa, Lagartera and Calera y Chozas is en ornithological tourist destination within the project RETO Red Natura 2000
Toledo (Castilla-La Mancha) and Ávila (Castilla y León).
Contact and information