Monfragüe for families
Would you like to enjoy with your family a different weekend in close contact with nature? Fundación Global Nature offers you the experience of spending a unique weekend with your family, staying in its hostel and visiting the “dehesa” farm called “El Baldío”.
The visit to this land, owned by Fundación Global Nature, lasts about three hours during which you can get to know the flora and fauna that lives in this ecosystem, as well as the local livestock breeds (white cacereña cows, black merino sheeps and black castellana hens) that are kept and looked after in El Baldío.
The visitors will be lent a “Dehesas explorer” kit which contains binoculars, a magnifying glass and field guides that will make it easier to discover nature.
In addition, it is possible to make use of a kindergarten service from 8pm to 11pm.
Enjoy with your whole family a different weekend in our hostel and in the “dehesa” ecosystems in Extremadura!
We open the gates of our farm “El Baldío” for you to enjoy with your children a weekend in the countryside!
Discover with them all the life that can be found in our “dehesas”!
In the municipality of Talaván (Cáceres), in the area of the Monfragüe National Park and Biosphere Reserve.
Time: 2 days, 1 night.
Price: Starting from 33 €/person.
Group (min-max): 10 people.
Period: All year.
Type of accommodation
Accommodation in the La Dehesa hostel, located in Torrejón el Rubio (Cáceres), in the Monfragüe National Park.
- Welcome to “La Dehesa” hostel, Torrejón el Rubio.
- Visit and activities in the dehesa farm “El Baldío”, in Talaván.
- Kindergarten service from 8pm to 11 pm (optional) in “La Dehesa” hostel (with storytelling activities, workshops, etc).
- Breakfast in “La Dehesa” hostel
- Free day Monfragüe National Park.
- Accommodation for one night and breakfast in the common area. A room per family can be provided given that there is availability in the hostel.
- Guided tour and activities in the “El Baldío” farm.
- Visitors can borrow the “Dehesa explorer” kit during the whole weekend, which includes: binoculars, bird and mammals guides, magnifying glass and a map of Monfragüe.
- Presents from Fundación Global Nature: field notebook and pin for the children; honey from “El Baldío” or legumes for the adults.
- Bedlinen, although it can be rented (3,5 €/person).
- Transport from Torrejón el Rubio to “El Baldío” dehesa farm, located in Talaván.
- Optional kindergarten service (price: 10 €/child for three hours).
Information and booking: email@example.com
Commitment to biodiversity conservation
All the incomes generated by this experience are destined to conservation projects implemented by Fundación Global Nature.