Izarrate farmhouse hotel is a unique century-old building made from stone and oak with views over the Arraia valley and Sierra de Entzia. It has been split into three apartments: Bengara, Elespara and Goikara.
- Living-dining room
- Kitchen with kitchenware and appliances
- One or two bathrooms.
- Seating and table area where you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner outdoors
- Barbecue area
You can find out about the wonderful world of bees at the farmhouse, as a link to the rural world:
- We run activities in the apiaries in which you can learn about beekeeping.
- You can buy our homemade honey. You can also enjoy our vegetable garden, visiting it and picking seasonal produce.
- We also have a collection of bonsai trees, showing the different varieties of species in the area.
Izarrate farmhouse hotel offers a unique experience based on direct contact with both the agrofarming and human aspects of the rural world.
Type of accommodation
- Capacity: 5, 8 and 12 people
- It´s possible to rent the entire house.
- Izki Natural Park
- The ground floor is fully adapted for people with reduced mobility.
- Apartments: from €98 to €200 / day for a minimum of two days, increasing by €15/person and day.
- Rent for the entire house: from €398 to €550 / day for 10 people, increasing by €15/person and day.
Spanish, Basque, English
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
Izarrate farmhouse hotel is strongly committed to the conservation of biodiversity and local development through actions such as:
- We contribute to the conservation of regional biodiversity and increase our guests’ awareness of the environment by restoring old buildings that have almost completely been lost using traditional materials, in addition to the beekeeping that’s at the heart of the experience we offer at Izarrate.
- We promote the conservation of traditions and knowledge of the rural world through beekeeping, involving local people, sharing their know-how and introducing them to visitors, thus making them feel valued.
Barrio Goikara 3ª Apellániz 01129