Rural house located in the heart of the countryside inside a Special Protection Zone for birds.
It offers lodging and guided visit to an aviary where you can observe unrecoverable birds of prey of different species, and get to know and participate in the conservation programs of the Aquila Foundation. Rooms for recreational activities and environmental education (scale models of eagles, panels). Free Wifi. Garden with Mediterranean mountain species from which to observe birds. The rural house is designed as an old farmhouse. Spacious lounges and terrace overlooking the Sierra de Gredos. Garden overlooking Oropesa and its castle. Easy access from the A 5 motorway.
Type of accommodation
- Rural house. Full and per room rental.
Located inside of Llanos de Oropesa, Lagartera and Calera y Chozas SPA (Great Bustard, Little Bustard, Alcaraván). It borders on the Tiétar Valley ZEC (Iberian imperial eagle) and the Rosarito and Navalcán Reservoir ZEPA (cranes and anatidae wintering). Monfragüe NP 45 minutes away (black vulture, black stork). The Sierra de Gredos Regional Park and La Vera gorges are 30 minutes away (golden eagle, blue-breasted), and 20 minutes from the Villuercas, Ibores and Jara Geopark (Bonelli’s eagle, Egyptian vulture) and the Monastery of Guadalupe is 1 hour away. Pilgrimage route to Guadalupe. Nearby archaeological sites.
- Spanish, english
Rooms / capacity
- 10 rooms with single bathroom / 17 beds.
- 2 rooms adapted for people with disabilities. The whole centre is wheelchair accessible.
- Complete rent of the rural house: 500 €/night.
- Price per person/night: 30 € (breakfast, VAT included).
- Separate catering service. Prices of guided visit to the aviary: 10 €/p. Prices for environmental education activities and workshops for families on request.
Accreditations, Standards (Quality, Sustainability)
- It works exclusively with solar energy.
- It complies with the requirements and good practices of sustainable tourism of the Club Ecoturism in Spain.
Commitment to biodiversity conservation and local development
The rural house Águilas de Fuente Empedrada is in the same farm where the Aquila Foundation has a bird of prey aviary and develops research and conservation programs for endangered birds. It has an interpretative exhibition on eagles and their relationship with humanity. The values of the protected area Red Natura 2000 ZEPA Llanos de Oropesa, Lagartera and Calera y Chozas are disseminated.
- Road Madrigal de la Vera-Oropesa, km 24, 45567 Lagartera, Toledo. Exit 148 of the A-5.
- Geographical coordinates: 39°56’11.2 “N 5°12’34.1 “W
- Latitude 39.936456, Longitude -5.209481
- Phone: +34 600 75 51 56
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website:: www.aguilasdefuentempedrada.org