Get up close and about the raptors with a guided tour of the Aguilas de Fuente Empedrada Center. Tour with expert guide by the aviary that houses different species of threatened raptors.
Through a personalized interpretation, you will know the research and conservation programs of these species, you will enjoy the interpretive exhibition the Heart of the Eagle that tells the ancestral relationship between eagles and humans.
Enjoy environmental education activities adapted to different levels of education, families and associations. It can be combined with a visit to Oropesa Castle and other places in the Oropesa countryside. For companies with corporate or social responsibility programs, activities, volunteer days and workshops for employees and personal growth courses are designed.
The guided tour is attended by staff of the Aquila Foundation. For environmental education activities and workshops, models and interpretive panels, optics material, nest boxes, bird feeders, etc. are available.
Areas where it operates
Located inside the ZEPA Llanos de Oropesa, Lagartera and Calera y Chozas (bustard, sisón, alcaraván). It borders ZEC Valle del Tiétar (Iberian imperial eagle) and the ZEPA Rosarito and Navalcán Reservoir (wintered with cranes and anatidas). The Monfrague National Park at 45 minutes (black vulture, black stork). The Regional Park of the Sierra de Gredos and gorges of La Vera 30 minutes (golden eagle, blue-haired), and 20 minutes from the Geoparque Villuercas, Ibores and Jara (Bonelli`s eagle, alimoche) and the Monastery of Guadalupe at 1 h.
- English, spanish.
El Centro es accesible en silla de ruedas.
- Guided tour of the aviary: 10 euros / person for groups of more than 10 people.
- Children under 5 years free. Children between 6 and 17 years old: 5 euros. (VAT included)
- Price of workshops and other activities: consult.
Accreditations, Standards (Quality, Sustainability)
The Center Águilas de Fuente Empedada is powered by solar energy. Meets good sustainable tourism practices of the Ecotourism Club in Spain
Commitment to biodiversity conservation and local development
The Aquila Foundation is a non-profit organization that develops threatened bird conservation programs and environmental education activities. The center maintains irrecoverable specimens of raptors with which it develops captive breeding program, research to prevent the electrocution of birds, research on climate change. The Aquila Foundation belongs to the Association of Foundations for the Conservation of Nature.
- Road Madrigal de la Vera-Oropesa, km 24, 45567 Lagartera, Toledo. Exit 148 of the A-5 motorway. Only 150 km from Madrid.
- Geographical Coordinates: 39°56’11.2 “N 5°12’34.1 “W
- Latitude 39.936456, Longitude -5.209481.
Datos de contacto
- Phone: +34 600 755 156
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.aguilasdefuentempedrada.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fundaci%C3%B3n-Aquila-140372039356924/