Azimuth offers quality astrotourism and education services and activities. We bring science closer to society with our work, making it attractive and accessible to all ages and demographics.
We specialise in astronomy and work from a natural environment with a spectacular sky: in the Granada Geopark in the south-east of Spain. It’s home to one of the largest concentrations of professional astronomy facilities in Europe.
We offer professional services related to dissemination, education, tourism, academia and consultancy. These include:
- Daytime and evening astronomy activities: observations, talks, workshops…
- Excursions and visits to astronomy sites of interest
- Astronomy and astrophysics training and courses at all levels (up to master’s degree level)
- School activities
- Creation of information materials, exhibitions, astronomy viewpoints…
- Drafting astrotourism development plans and managing professional and tourist astronomy facilities.
We provide the equipment necessary for the astrotourism activities:
- Geopark of Granada
- Sierra de Baza
- Sierra de Castril
- Sierra de la Sagra
- Sierra de los Filabres
Some of our activities can be adapted for people with a visual impairment or functional diversity
From 15€ to 125€ (VAT included)
Spanish and English
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
- We are a member of the Club de Producto de Turismo Científico e Industrial de Almería [Almería Scientific and Industrial Tourism Product Club]
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
Azimuth is fully aware of the need to care for the environment and respect our surroundings, so we do our bit to minimise our impact:
- We try to reduce our journeys as much as possible, adjusting our work schedule to the demand for activities in each place.
- In the immediate surroundings of the Calar Alto Astronomical Observatory, where we carry out most of our activities, we actively collaborate with environment agents to teach our customers and anyone passing by what we should avoid doing in order to protect and conserve the natural environment.
- We collaborate with actions in our area of influence that involve collecting litter.
Calle Betis 2, Monachil (18193), Granada
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.azimuthspain.com