Bicis Ambroz is a bike rental company on the Vía Verde de la Plata Camino, which runs from Béjar to Casas del Monte and then on to Plasencia.
The Vía Verde Camino has been built on an old railway line, a spectacular route full of trenches, ravines, bridges, and tunnels, framed by the mountains of the Béjar Sierra, which are snow-capped for most of the year, and the chestnut and oak forests of the Ambroz Valley. This is a route with spectacular scenery at any time of year.
We offer an unforgettable experience cycling gently downhill, with almost no need to pedal. It is perfect to do with children or pets, and thanks to our electric tricycles the whole family can participate, including those with mobility problems
With Bicis Ambroz you can cycle the route as part of a guided tour with Vive Ambroz guides, who will teach you about the wonders of the Ambroz Valley, or at your own speed, stopping as often as you want to enjoy the scenery and our villages
All our experiences include:
- Standard or electric bike adapted to your size and stature
- Water bottle
- Children’s trailers, bike seats, tag-along bikes, and tow bars
- We have three-seat electric tricycles for people with mobility problems
- Assistance and recovery en-route
- On request: padded seats and GPS
The activities take place in the area of:
- Vía Verde de la Plata de Hervás
- “Galician chestnut grove” protected landscape
- Monte de Hervás
- Areas of special interest for tourists such as the Piedras Labradas, Granadilla or Cáparra Roman ruins.
Spanish, English, and Portuguese
- We are committed to an inclusive project, suitable for everyone.
- OTAEX awarded us the Extremadura Universal Accessibility Award in 2021
Adult MTBs are rented with collection and return to the shop from €12, children €10. To cycle down the Vía Verde with transport to the start: €20 per adult and €15 per child.
- Guided tours: price on request
- Electric MTBs: €30
- Electric tricycles: €60
- Children’s trailers and tag-along bikes: €10
- Adult/child bike support hook: €5
- Children’s bike seats: free
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
Bicis Ambroz is strongly committed to the conservation of biodiversity and local development through actions such as:
- We are the base of Cycling Without Age in Spain, a movement that began in the Netherlands and has become popular worldwide, enabling the elderly or those with mobility problems to enjoy the thrill of cycling for free.
- We collaborate with local businesses to promote the local economy.
We volunteer in cleaning up our rivers, picking up litter and planting trees during the ‘Otoño mágico’ (‘Magic Autumn’) festivities.
Avda. De la Constitución, 49
10700 Hervás – Cáceres
- Tel.: 642 22 60 40
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.bicisambroz.com