Bodega Berroja is a family winery located in the heart of the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve, in Muxika. From our vineyard, located at an average height of 250 metres above sea level, we enjoy privileged views of the Reserve…a unique and spectacular natural environment.
Committed to the search for new flavours that come from such a distinguished territory, we pursue two fundamental milestones: Sustainability and distinctiveness.
At Bodega Berroja, we respect the natural environment that surrounds us, and we aim to coexist harmoniously with the local flora and fauna by using respectful methods of deterrence that preserve their ability to live and thrive alongside the grapes. Our integrated production approach allows us to maximize resources and natural means of production to achieve sustainable agriculture. These techniques span all stages of production, from the handling of the grapes and their transformation to the packaging and labelling of our Txakolis.
We use livestock barriers and aromatic repellents on all our parcels, and we allow nature to take its course, using competition between species to balance the pressure of the fauna on the vineyard and we also respect native tree species. That’s why on our parcels, you’ll find holly, holm oaks, and chestnut trees around the vineyard. They form boundaries, but also represent botanical points of interest.
- Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve
- Allows us to enjoy what we call the “Balcony of Urdaibai”. From here, we can see the Reserve’s most characteristic landmarks, the mouth of the Mundaka estuary, and four of the five Bocineros Mountains
English, Spanish and Basque
Accessible for people with reduced mobility.
Maximum of 200 people. Parking: 25 cars
From €27.50 per person
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- European Charter for Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas (ECST)
- Q Seal of Touristic Quality pending
- Integrated Production System
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
- The natural and cultural richness of the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve inspires us to share the region’s culinary traditions with tastings of seasonal Zero Km products that pair perfectly with our Txakolis
- We actively promote our traditions through different events, like fairs and Txakoli tastings, exhibitions of local artists’ work, sampling and sales of local artisanal products, local music and dances, and traditional village games
- We also sponsor sporting events like the Bermeo races and the Ibarruri hikes
- Tel.: 944 10 62 54
- Web: www.bodegaberroja.com
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org