Brief description with details of services/installations
“Las Lomas” Camping Site, a charming place in Sierra Nevada, Granada offering bungalows, nature, tranquillity, excursions, sports, landscapes, gastronomy, swimming pools, children’s playground, mini-golf, table tennis.
The camping has 100 plots and 23 wooden bungalows for between 2 and 5 people. Located in a natural setting, near the River Genil.
It has a restaurant serving traditional cuisine.
- Guided routes, advice on local excursions, children’s games, etc.
Güéjar-Sierra (Granada), Ctra. de Güéjar-Sierra, km 6.5
Geographic Coordinates: Latitude – 37.159799; Longitude -3.453904
Distinctions (quality, sustainability):
Adhered to the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism.
Information point of the Sierra Nevada National Park.
Sierra Nevada National and Natural Park.
It is located two kilometres from Güéjar-Sierra, a small town located on the north side of Sierra Nevada. The river Genil crosses this valley where high peaks, brooks, springs, archaeological remains and monuments are connected by paths brimming with history and unique traditions.
English and French.
No. of rooms/capacity:
- Plots: 100 (300 people).
- Bungalows: 23 (5 for 2 people, 11 for 4.
- people and 7 for 5 people), 89 people.
Accessibility for disabled people.
- Plot (2 plots + tent and car/caravan + lighting): 29.5 €/night.
- Bungalow 2-4 beds: 80 €/day.
More detailed description:
The “Las Lomas” camping is located in the small town of Güejar-Sierra, brimming with exquisite beauty and Andalusian charm. The camping site has different viewpoints offering spectacular views of the reservoir, the river Genil valley and the famous “La Estrella” path. In addition to the many recreational areas in Sierra Nevada, nearby places of interest include the Alhambra (12 km), Granada Cathedral with the tomb of the Catholic Monarchs (15 km) and the beach at Motril (70 km).
- Camping area
- Motorhome area
- Rental of bungalows (fully equipped,
- except towels)
- Restaurant with two gardened terraces
- Internet (in the reception area) and Wi-Fi
- Sports areas (mini golf, tabletennis)
- Children’s playground
- Swimming pool
- Whirlpool bath
- Private bathrooms for families
- Services for disabled people
- Baby bath (free)
- Visit to the Güéjar-Sierra beekeeping centre, where guests can make their own honey wax candles.
- On weekdays, a camping guide organises a stroll to the river Genil where visitors can bathe.
- Visit by car to the “Collado del Alguacil” mountain pass to see the peaks in the Sierra.
- In winter, thecamping site provides its guests with a map to visit the Cerro del Calar hillside, situated opposite the camping site. This viewpoint offers spectacular views of the Genil valley and peaks.
Commitment to the conservation of biodiversity and/or the protected area:
Commitments acquired under the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism.
- Tel.: 958 48 47 42 / 958 48 47 34 (restaurant)
Location map in
Google maps: https://maps.google.com/?ll=37.15945,-3.45395&spn=0.020829,0.038581&t=h&z=15