Casa de la Montaña
Casa de la Montaña is a Premium ** tourist hostel in Asturias as well as a centre for tourism and mountain activities that has welcomed travellers, hikers and ecotourists since 1987, when we restored this ramshackle house dating back to 1615.
Our activity company has more than 34 years of experience in nature and mountain tourism. We offer a range of ecotourism activities and incorporate natural values into our hiking routes and tour guide services to share the natural and cultural heritage of all of Asturias.
We also offer other activities including: snowshoeing, mountaineering, trekking, orienteering, archery, Nordic Walking, among other activities of your choice.
Our activities provide:
- Binoculars and spotting scopes
- Archery equipment
- Picos de Europa National Park
- Protected Landscape of the Eastern Coast of Asturias
All our activities and experiences take place in the Picos de Europa National Park:
- The Cares Trail
- Cuera and Sueve sierras
- Ribadesella and Llanes fishing villages
- Coastal paths and beaches in Eastern Asturias
Our activities are not adapted for people with limited mobility
- From €45 for snowshoeing (day trip)
- From €30 for same-day hiking programmes
French and English
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
At Casa de La Montaña, we are fully aware of the need to take care of the environment and respect our surroundings and are committed to ecotourism. Therefore:
- We collaborate with the Bearded Vulture Foundation, informing guests about their activity and promoting visits to their centre by providing tickets to groups of interest (those in family programmes, visiting with the Asturian Centre of Mexico sports club, schools, etc.)
- We also introduce guests to traditional occupations in our area through our programmes, including visits to local cheese dairies that make Gamonedo cheese and organising trips to the pastures of the Picos de Europa, especially those in our municipality of Onís.
Casa de la Montaña, 33556, Avin, Onís, Asturias