Casa de Indianos Don Tomás
Our hotel is at the heart of Nueva de Llanes, in the Picos de Europa National Park. The building was commissioned in 1919 by the indiano Tomás Buergo Pesquera and has the typical and unique architecture of indiano houses of that period. After Tomás died, it was passed down the generations, and in 2001, his grandchildren decided to renovate the house and breathe new life into it, trying to preserve the memory of their famous ancestor.
The house is surrounded by a spacious 1000 m2 garden. On the ground floor, there are four large rooms that include the reception, dining room, kitchens and living room. On the first and second floors, there are eight bedrooms (four per floor).
Two separate rooms for families with children have recently been built in another small building on the estate. We provide:
- Free parking
- Communal garden
- Good, healthy breakfast with homemade and local products
Type of accommodation
- Two-star hotel
- Book individual room + breakfast
We are located in the Picos de Europa National Park:
- Covadonga shrine
- Lakes of Covadonga
- Cares trail
- Fuente Dé mountain village
- The accommodation is not adapted for people with limited mobility
From €40/night (off-season)
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
Hotel Casa de Indianos Don Tomas is committed to ecotourism:
- We have a shop in which we sell local products. We promote them through our breakfasts and offer guests the opportunity to try them and learn more about them, as well as informing them where to buy them.
- We tell our guests about the conservation work carried out by the Bearded Vulture Conservation Foundation, encouraging them to visit its centre and learn about its work first-hand.
- We help to distribute the flow of visitors through the park, making personalised recommendations based on the interests and physical condition of our guests, not recommending the most crowded places to reduce the impact on these areas.
- We take all kinds of measures to reduce the environmental impact of our activity and have hired an auditing firm to enable us to identify areas for improvement and make efficient investments.
Plaza de la Blanca/Hospital (Nueva de Llanes).
- Tel.: 985 410 039
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.hotelcasadeindianosdontomas.com