Casa Mario is a rural guesthouse 5 km from the exclusive Muniellos Nature Reserve in the Fuentes del Narcea, Degaña e Ibias Natural Park that maintains the essence of rural houses in south west Asturias.
At the heart of Posada de Rengos, 17 km from Cangas del Narcea and surrounded by history and silence, the old corrada (patio) that greets you has a wood-fired bread oven, still in use, and a 200-year-old hórreo (typical raised Asturian building) under which you will enjoy unforgettable evenings.
It accommodates up to 8 people in 4 en-suite double bedrooms with a kitchen/dining room and shared living room. Each room has its own personality and is part of our temple of rest.
Our delicious breakfasts will prepare you for ecotourism activities in the area with the largest population of bears in Spain.
We recommend you let yourself be captivated by the expert local guides who will enable you to enjoy unique experiences and discover the best places in the region in complete safety. Or you can stay in Casa Mario, in our workshop, and enjoy classes tailored to all audiences on the traditional use of xalda sheep’s wool and its recovery through its different uses, weaving on our old looms and enjoying our class on how to bake the local bread in our traditional wood-fired oven.
Type of accommodation
- Rural guesthouse
- 4 double bedrooms
- Maximum capacity of 8 people
- Fuentes del Narcea, Degaña e Ibias Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve Muniellos-Fuentes del Narcea.
- Muniellos Nature Reserve
- Cueto de Arbás Partial Nature Reserve
- Cangas del Narcea (17 km)
Not adapted for people with limited mobility
From €55. Including VAT
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
- Ceres Ecotur
- Aldeas Calidad Rural
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
At Casa Mario, we have been adopting different measures throughout our twenty years of welcoming guests to be able to offer a rural guesthouse that is eco-friendly, responsible, sustainable, and committed to our environment:
- We protect the architectural heritage, culture, and tradition of our land, promoting the legacy of our ancestors.
- We try to reduce our energy consumption and environmental pollution, minimising our impact on the environment.
- We respect our natural heritage, promoting ecotourism activities accompanied by local guides who know the area like the back of their hand, or telling guests about activities that do not have an impact.
- We work with a network of craftspeople to contribute to keeping traditional professions alive and boosting the local economy
- We collaborate with local producers to encourage the consumption of healthy, organic, seasonal and local food.
- We are part of the Ecotur Foundation’s Descomunal project “Ruta de la Lana”, an initiative to protect native breeds like the xalda sheep and the craftmanship of the traditional uses of wool.
Posada de Rengos 17 – Cangas del Narcea-Asturias