Casas Rurales Camino del Castaño B&B
Casas Rurales Camino del Castaño is in an incredible estate measuring 8.5 hectares declared in organic farming as having a great natural abundance of (native) plant species and a great diversity of animals. There are several hiking and cycling trails close to the accommodation that you can follow to explore and enjoy the Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche Natural Park, enjoy stargazing or bird watching.
Las Casas Rurales Camino del Castaño have two separate top-category houses (Casa Chantarela and Casa Gurumelo) with a total of eight rooms (six with an en suite bathroom).
Services and facilities
- Large kitchens for group meals
- Comfortable living rooms with fireplaces
- Separate dining rooms
- Heating in every room
- Acceso a wifi gratis
- Landscaped porch for each house
The houses can be rented as a whole or by room (on weekdays). This option includes a delicious Mediterranean breakfast.
Type of accommodation
Top-category rural guest house
- Casa Gurumelo: 4 double rooms (8 beds)
- Casa Chantarela: 3 double rooms and 1 single room (7 places)
One of the houses is adapted for people with reduced mobility
- Parque Natural Sierra de Aracena y Picos de Aroche
Some of the most significant places of interest in the surrounding area include:
- Sierra hiking trails including the Galaroza-Castaño del Robledo, Jabugo and Fuenteheridos trails
- Source of the 12 Caños
- Grutas de las Maravillas cave in Aracena
- Cork oak forest
- Entire house: from €205/night
- Double room with bathroom: from €75/night
Spanish and English
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
- Biosphere certification (In process)
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
Las Casas Rurales Camino del Castaño offers the chance to acquire the knowledge, active interest and attitudes needed to protect, improve and enjoy the environment. To do so, we do things such as:
- We restored the building respecting the original dimensions and characteristics of other buildings in the area. We reorganised the space based on the premise of sustainable development, the principles of bioconstruction and reusing water resources.
- We use renewable energies (biomass and solar energy).
- During the summer period, guests can enjoy a natural pool in which we don’t use any chemicals. Surplus water is used to water the vegetable garden and gardens.
- We have created a vital ecosystem for breeding amphibians and insects that encourage birds to nest nearby.
- We encourage local species to breed to reduce the breeding of introduced and invasive species. We also want to leave several hectares “untouched” to contribute to the welfare of wild animals.
- Somos socios y colaboramos con la Asociación Lutra, una asociación sin ánimo de lucro que lleva a cabo diferentes acciones de investigación, seguimiento y recuperación de fauna salvaje, así como acciones de sensibilización y educación ambiental sobre los valores naturales y culturales del Parque Natural Sierra de Aracena y Picos de Aroche, entre otras.
- We offer information to our guests about the Natural Park and its wealth of experiences and activities by local companies.
- We engage members to raise environmental awareness and advise our customers on best practice.
- We are partners and collaborate with the Lutra Association, a non-profit association that carries out different wildlife research, monitoring and recovery actions, as well as awareness-raising activities and environmental education about the natural and cultural values of the Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche Natural Park, among other things.
C/ Arias Montano 20. 21292 Castaño del Robledo (Huelva)
- Tel.: 678 32 86 31
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: casaruralcastanobienestar.es