The rural complex comprises 14 small individual houses built in the typical architectural style of the Alpujarra, a restaurant and a swimming pool for use by guests.
The most popular dish at the restaurant is fennel stew together with grilled meat and Iberian ham products obtained from the restaurant’s own Iberian pigs.
The complex collaborates with other local companies in the preparation of packages that include hiking, horse riding routes of several days in duration (for which the establishment has its own stables) or bicycle routes. The surrounding area entices visitors to venture down ancient trails, with irrigation channels that run peacefully through carefully farmed croplands, vegetable plots, natural caves and other attractions.
The family owning this establishment, which was opened in 2006, has taken care of every detail in the construction, using local materials and traditional structures, such as the flat roofs covered in “launa” (local impermeable clay), the chimneys with slate slab tops and the stone walls.
These elements have been combined with modern constructive elements that improve the environmental performance of the complex, such as a biomass boiler, independent heating and own thermostat in all the apartments and double-glazed windows and doors.
- Restaurant with terrace
- Swimming pools (for adults and children)
- Meeting and conference room
- Car park
- Fully-equipped kitchen (refrigerator, microwaves, washing machine, TV, kitchen, household items)
- Jacuzzi in the suite house
- Wi-Fi area in the restaurant and café
- Sale of local agrifood products
- Dogs allowed (except in the suite)
Type of accommodation
Tourist apartments. Category: 3 keys
Paraje El Cercado, Alcútar (anejo de Bérchules)
Bérchules , Granada
Geographic Coordinates: 37.971487º / 3.189060º
- Adhered to the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism
- ISO 9001
- Information Point of the Sierra Nevada National Park
Sierra Nevada National and Natural Park. The “El Cercado” rural complex is located in the midst of nature, around 500 m from Bérchules, one of the highest towns in Spain, in the heart of the Alpujarra.
- 14 rural houses with 2 (one of them is a suite) and 4 beds, 54 beds in total
- Restaurant with 135 places
The houses are adapted for disabled people
- House with 2 beds: 85 €/day, 510 €/week
- House with 4 beds: 100 €/day, 600 €/week
- Suite 2 beds (including breakfast): 135 €/day, 840 €/week
Commitment to the conservation of biodiversity
Commitments acquired under the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism