Campos is a canning company with 100 years of history rooted in Bermeo, within the Urdaibai territory.
The three Campos sisters, Salome, Julia, and Felicia, started out on their journey at the beginning of the last century. It wasn’t until 1921, when they opened their factory, that their work took on a commercial scope. These matriarchs were ahead of their time.
In honour of Salome, we hold an open water swim where winners receive their weight in Albacore tuna. During the last edition, 800 swimmers participated in the event. More information is available on the website: www.salomecampos.com.
In 2021, we celebrated our 100-year anniversary at Campos. 100 years of experience in the canning industry and focus on our passion for local products. 100 years of Tuna and Albacore, of fishing tradition, and of people committed to bringing the best of the sea to your homes. 100 years of historic roots and a forward-looking vision, setting our sights on a healthier, more sustainable future.
At Campos, we give you the opportunity to discover the world of tuna canning. You’ll learn about the differences between Albacore and Light Tuna, see how they’re processed, and enjoy pintxo tasting or class.
- Located in the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve.
- The factory is located in the foothills of Mount Sollube, at the entrance to Bermeo, a fishing village with strong ties to the fishing industry
Spanish, Basque and English
The screening/tasting room and the bathroom are accessible
Maximun of 25 people
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- European Charter for Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas (ECST)
- Eco-label European Charter for Sustainable Tourism
- Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve Tourism Product
- SICTED (Spanish Destination Quality Certification System) collaborator (through Basquetour)
- We have solar panels for hot water, underfloor heating, a fireplace, and photovoltaic panels for electricity production
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
- The Campos commitment to sustainability is of utmost importance to the organization. In addition to being certified by the most important fishing sustainability labels, we collaborate with the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF), the Bermeo Tuna World Capital, the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), the International Pole and Line Foundation (IPNLF) and AENOR in the development of the Responsible Tuna Fishing Certification.
- We’re committed to the World Economic Forum’s Tuna 2020 Traceability Declaration. We provide a system of traceability on each container that allows the consumer to know the species, where, when, how, and by which boat the product was fished.
- We actively contribute to the community by sponsoring local sports and collaborating with the Bizkaia Food Bank to help the most disadvantaged.
Polígono Landabaso s/n
- Tel.: 946 18 72 70/ 680 43 48 28
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.clubcampos.com