Cuevas el Torriblanco
Cuevas el Torriblanco is a group of cave dwellings 2 kms away from Gorafe in a unique and exceptional location because of their privileged views of the Sierra Nevada and Gorafe canyon in the Granada Geopark. The peaceful atmosphere makes them the ideal place to stay if you’re looking to disconnect and need peace and quiet to rest, as you’ll be permanently surrounded by silence.
These caves have been carefully restored over a period of ten years. We’ve maintained the original and traditional structure and have adapted kitchens, bathrooms and garages to match the style perfectly, using materials such as local stone. They are eco-sustainable as 100% of the energy used comes from a solar-wind system.
Services and facilities:
- Individual garage
- Swimming pool
Type of accommodation
- Rural tourist accommodation
- Full rental
- 3 caves / 15 places
Two caves are prepared for people with reduced mobility
- Geopark of Granada
- Gorafe megalithic park
- Gorafe desert
- Cárcavas de Gorafe
- Baños de Alicún travertines
- Discordancia de Gorafe
- Gor river valley
- High season: 40€/ person and night.
- Low season, 35€/ person and night.
Minimum 2 people and 2 nights.
Spanish and French
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
At Cuevas el Torriblanco, we try to be as sustainable as possible. Our philosophy and way of understanding tourism is to maintain and protect the area around us:
- All the caves have been restored in a traditional way. The façade is lined with natural stone from the area and is fully integrated into the landscape. We painted the interior with lime and reforested the surrounding area with native species.
- We water the plants with recycled water thanks to our septic tank with a biological filter.
- We aren’t connected to the public electricity grid; 100% of the energy we consume comes from our solar-wind system.
- Outdoors, we have drinking troughs, feeders and nesting boxes for local birds.
- We also do scientific bird ringing demonstrations in the area in order to promote environmental education.
- We collaborate in the project to monitor the trumpeter finch (Bucanetes githagineus) in the Gorafe area.
- We promote the growth of local artisans by recommending and buying their products.
Camino de la Meseta, 1. 18890 Gorafe Granada.
- Tel.: 686 765 540
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.cuevaseltorriblanco.com