Cuevas la Granja
Cuevas la Granja is a rural tourism complex comprised of 18 caves in Benalúa, in the Granada Geopark, surrounded by peach and olive trees on a 25,000 square metre site. It’s part of an old farm owned by “Los Fígares”, a wealthy family in the area, who also owned the Benalúa Sugar Factory.
Francisco and Ana, its current owners, felt that tourism in the region and cave accommodation in general was something to be promoted.
The surrounding landscape is full of contrasts, with the high peaks of the Sierra Nevada in the background, the reddish colour of the clay hills and the semi-desert landscape with a moon-like appearance which, together with the magnificent fertile plain full of fruit trees and poplar groves, invite visitors to enjoy the rural environment in a natural and unique area.
The silence and consistent temperature in the caves, thanks to their thick walls and original and beautiful curved structure, give guests a unique feeling of peace and tranquillity.
The caves have:
- Kitchen with kitchenware and many appliances
- Hairdryer and iron
Services and facilities
- Car park with space for buses
- Swimming pool with areas for sunbeds and umbrellas
- Large gardens and outdoor common areas
- 16 barbecues distributed around the grounds
- Play room with toys and games for the little ones
- Hide for bird watching
Type of accommodation
Rural apartments accommodation with a 3 key quality rating
18 caves with 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms / 59 fixed and 22 convertible beds
We have 1 cave adapted for people with reduced mobility
Geopark of Granada
- Double room in cave: from 50€ to 60€
- Cave Studio: from 60€ to 75€
- Cave 1 bedroom: from 70€ to 85€
- Cave Suite 1 bedroom: from 80€ to 100€
- Cave 2 bedrooms: from 110€ to 140€
- Cave 2 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms: from 120€ to 150€
- Cave 3 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms: from 150€ to 180€
Spanish, English, French, German, Italian and Russian
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
- Accommodation certified by the Starlight Foundation
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
A Cuevas La Granja, we respect our environment and try to ensure that all our guests do too:
- We prioritise the use of local produce in our dishes, and encourage our guests to buy local food products.
- We promote the purchase of local artisan products in our shop, including traditional ceramic and clay pieces made by users of the San José de Guadix Association, as well as handmade silver jewellery from Granada.
- We carry out activities in our facilities to watch and protect our birds.
- We heat water with solar panels in the summer and biomass in the winter: we use olive stones to heat water for showers and heating.
Camino de la Granja, s/n, 18510 Benalúa (Granada)
- Tel.: 958 676 000 | 666 558 030
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.cuevas.org