Ekobideak is a small cooperative from Bizkaia founded in 2017 by a group of professionals in the fields of geology, interpretive tours, and environmental studies. Our objective is to promote the Basque Country’s geological heritage as a tourist attraction.
We provide geotourism activities, guided tours to discover the geological heritage and geodiversity of Bizkaia, both on foot and by boat, and Forest Bathing, which is a wellness practice that consists of connecting with nature through the senses, mainly in the regions of Busturialdea-Urdaibai and Uribe Kosta.
Our guides are highly trained: we’re certified as Guides of the Basque Coast Geopark and Heritage Tour Guides of the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve. We also have a Forest Bathing Guide, certified by the Forest Therapy Hub.
- Field guides
- Fossils and/or minerals
- Various materials
- Civil Liability and Accident Insurance
Areas of activity
- Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve
- Basque Coast Geopark
- Urkiola Natural Park
- Bizkaia Flysch Formations
Most of our activities are accessible for everyone, and we adapt to each customer’s needs
Between €8 and €12/person, depending on the activity
A minimum number of participants is required
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- European Charter for Sustainable Tourism (ECST), Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve.
- Partners, Aktiba (Basque Association for Active Tourism)
- Partners, Tourdaibai (Urdaibai Association for Sustainable Tourism)
- Members of the Spanish Association of Responsible, Safe and Sustainable Tourism
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
- All our activities are designed and led by professionals trained in geology, interpretation of the natural environment, and sustainable development. Each guide is committed to environmental education and outreach
- We develop various initiatives designed to support the conservation of biodiversity, geodiversity, and ecotourism-related sustainable development. We specialise in local and national tourism, we aim to deseasonalise tourism, and we work with smaller groups to reduce the impact of our activities
- Our company is an associate member of the Geological Society of Spain, and our guides are part of the Illustrious Official College of Geologists. This means that our outreach actions, both in person and on social media, inherently carry a protectionist and conservationist approach to geological heritage and geodiversity
Bilbao-Vizkaya (País Vasco)
Tel.: 666 85 77 61