El Conventu del Asturcón
Conventu del Asturcón is a rural house near Cangas de Onís and Arriondas, in the heart of Asturias and at the foot of the Picos de Europa mountains. It is a restored traditional Asturian farmhouse that respects the traditional style but includes all the modern amenities so that it feels like home.
The house has 7 bedrooms, a bathroom, TV and WiFi. Three of the rooms have balconies with excellent panoramic views and the other three are attic rooms. It is surrounded by gardens, including a covered area with a barbecue and a wood-fired oven. Free parking is also available for our guests.
We have an adapted room for guests with limited mobility.
Our breakfasts, served on our glazed terrace with beautiful views, are made with natural, local, and homemade products.
The house is surrounded by a large estate with a variety of trees, where our asturcon horses, xalda sheep, bermeya and pita pinta goats, all native breeds of Asturias, graze, wherefrom here you can enjoy views of the Sierra del Sueve, the River Sella, Pico Pierzu, and the Mirador del Fitu.
Type of accommodation
- Two-triskeles rural guesthouse (quality rating in Asturias ranging from one to three triskeles)
- Book individual rooms
- Picos de Europa National Park
- One room adapted for people with limited mobility.
From €60 (off-season). Breakfast included.
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
At the Conventu del Asturcon, we are fully aware of the importance of sustainable tourism and are committed to ecotourism:
- We take several different measures to reduce our environmental impact: we have implemented a good waste management policy, through which we have eliminated single-use disposable packaging, and we make use of renewable energies.
- We promote sustainable transport: we have type 1 and 2 chargers for electric and plug-in hybrid cars and we rent conventional and electric bicycles.
- On our breakfast menu, we list the local products we use and provide information about them, encouraging guests to buy them and support local producers.
- We offset our carbon footprint by donating to various initiatives.
- We collaborate with the Bearded Vulture Conservation Foundation, purchasing tickets for the guided tours they offer and providing them to our guests. We also charge for the extra towel change service, which is available upon request, and donate all the money to this NGO.
El Conventu 19, Lago 33559 Asturias
- Tel.: 629 177 268 / 609 187 074
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.elconventu.com