A space to discover the perfectly preserved customs and traditions.
A rich artistic expression and traditional elements available to be discovered by curious visitors who value the essence of the place.
A journey through the past shows the island identity which has been passed on from generation to generation.
A space with elements which evoke customs such as the ‘gofio mill’ (gofio is a type of flour) which is perfectly preserved and numerous pieces guarding stories that talk about how people lived in the past and traditions that are still maintained on the island.
In one location, a local handicrafts and delicatessen store, a traditional orchard and a restored Gofio Mill with a large antiques collection exhibition.
El Patronato, s/n (GM-1, Km 18). 38820. Hermigua. La Gomera. Canary Islands. Spain.
Geographical coordinates: Lat. 28.153277; Long. -17.199233.
- European Charter for Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas (EUROPARC Federation).
- SICTED. Tourism Quality.
- Garajonay National Park.
- La Gomera Biosphere Reserve.
- Majona Natural Park.
- Departures: Monday to Saturday, 9:30 – 17:30h.
- Duration: Approximately 40 minutes.
- Groups: Maximum 15 persons.
- Free parking.
Commitment to the biodiversity conservation and/or the protected area
In addition to the basic requirements of the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism, our company has additionally undertaken up to 15 voluntary commitments. These commitments serve to improve the services we offer and our connection with the protected natural space. Likewise, improving our environmental behaviour, as well as supporting local development and heritage conservation.
Some examples highlighting the effects of these commitments are:
- Adapt the facilities for people with reduced mobility.
- Use natural, biodegradable, non-polluting cleaning products.
- Recover walls and tool shed.
- Tel.: (0034) 922 880 781
- Web: www.lostelaresgomera.com/parqueetnografico
- Email: email@example.com