A leisurely trip: Respectful Whale Watching with Excursiones Amazonia.
A sight you must see on the trip to La Gomera is the cetaceans who live permanently in its waters and the ones who pass through on their annual migration.
Feeling the freedom of the dolphins and whales in their natural habitat spreads to those who are on the boat and who sail at the hands of the captain of the Amazonia, an expert of these waters. Excursiones Amazonia offers relaxing whale watching leaving from the harbour Valle Gran Rey.
Encounters with free living whales and dolphins off La Gomera. Captain Juan José and the experienced German guide, sail out on an 11-meter-long wooden boat to look for whales and dolphins.
The Amazonia has plenty of room to relax, sunbathe and, of course, to watch the wildlife in the water.
Puerto de Vueltas, s/n. 38872. Valle Gran Rey. La Gomera. Canary Islands. Spain.
Geographical coordinates: Lat. 28.080928; Long. -17.332311.
Distinctions (quality and/or sustainability)
European Charter for Sustainable Tourism in Protected Areas (EUROPARC Federation).
- Garajonay National Park.
- La Gomera Biosphere Reserve.
- Santiago – Valle Gran Rey Coastal Belt Special Area of Conservation (SAC)
Spanish, English, Deutsch.
From 42,00 €
- Three or Four-hour tour with swimming stop.
- After the trip out to the whales and dolphins, the boat makes a swimming stop in an idyllic bay.
- A swimming ladder and platform let guests enter and exit the water comfortably.
- Delicious catering included: Guests can enjoy food and drink – wine, water, beer, and non-alcoholic refreshments— after their dip in the sea.
- A shaded area at the back of the boat and a toilet in the cabin make for a comfortable trip.
- The Excursiones Amazonia boat then sets sail back to the harbour in Vueltas at a relaxed pace.
Commitment to the biodiversity conservation and/or the protected area
In addition to the basic requirements of the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism, our company has additionally undertaken up to 11 voluntary commitments. These commitments serve to improve the services we offer and our connection with the protected natural space. Likewise, improving our environmental behaviour, as well as supporting local development and heritage conservation.
Some examples are:
- Creation of a mural with photos inside the Caseta.
- Use eco-friendly cleaning and hygiene products.
- Do a clean-up of the sea at least once per year.
- Phone number: (0034) 922 80 55 15 / (0034) 639 889 122
- E-mail: –
- Website: https://www.lagomera-whalewatching.com