Feel the Adventure
Gorbeia and Urkiola Natural Park
FEEL THE ADVENTURE is a mountain guide company in Bilbao dedicated to guided activities and mountaineering courses. We’re sports coaches and mountain guides with international UIMLA accreditation and members of the Spanish Mountain Guides Association (SMGA).
Our range of ecotourism activities consists of interpreted guided tours through the protected natural areas of the Basque Country, learning about their natural values, peculiarities, history and culture, as well as everything that makes them unique. We mainly work in the Gorbeia Natural Park and Urkiola Natural Park, as well as in the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve and Bilbao Green Belt.
- It’s essential to pack good footwear, water, a mobile phone, warm clothes and snacks in your backpack when you go on excursions. Enjoy nature and meet people with the same interests on our trips accompanied by mountain guides, learning about the local culture, traditions and history. There are several options to choose from to immerse yourself in the diverse heritage, culture and nature: 100% BASQUE.
- We offer the option to combine our outings with trips to local restaurants and museums, and offer various options for overnight stays.
- We also offer more sports-related activities in nature, such as canyoning, and entertainment and environmental education activities for children.
We provide equipment for the activities:
- Educational material for mountain tours and training
- Approved technical equipment for mountain activities (snowshoes, etc.).
- Urkiola Natural Park
- Gorbeia Natural Park
- Other natural areas in the Basque Country:
- Alto Campoo
Spanish, Basque, and basic English
- Choice of routes for people with reduced mobility
- We adapt to the client’s needs for outings and training courses.
- Guided tours 40 euros/person.
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
Feel the Adventure is strongly committed to the conservation of biodiversity and local development through actions such as:
- We encourage carpooling among our customers to get to the starting point of our activities.
- We work with mountain refuges and include them in our activities, as well as encouraging the use of local products.
- We work with schoolchildren, carrying out specific activities to collect, classify and understand the impact of waste on the environment around their villages.