Hotel Rural Finca La Media Legua
Hotel Rural Finca La Media Legua is in the Sierra de Huelva, at the heart of the Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche Natural Park, surrounded by century-old chestnut trees and far from urban areas, making us an ideal location for stargazing.
Its architecture is reminiscent of old Andalusian farmhouses. The hotel’s 12 apartments are fully equipped and made out of a mixture of stone, forged materials, mud and wood, creating an ideal atmosphere for enjoying a few days of fun and relaxation, alone or in the company of family and friends.
Services and facilities
The hotel rents out apartments individually or can be booked out by groups for exclusive use. It also has:
- Meeting room
- Free WiFi
- Swimming pool for the summer season
- Children’s play area
- Barbecue and wood-fired oven
- Picnic areas
- Free parking
- Trails that run from the hotel to different places in the local area
Type of accommodation
Rural hotel/ 2 key quality rural apartment
- 12 Apartments with 1 and 2 bedrooms
- 28 fixed seats + possibility of 18 convertibles
We have one studio adapted for people with reduced mobility
- Parque Natural Sierra de Aracena y Picos de Aroche
Some important enclaves of interest in the immediate environment:
- Parque Nacional de Doñana
- Gruta de las Maravillas en Aracena
- Almonaster La Real Mosque
- Medieval Castle in Cortegana
- Turóbriga/Ciudad Romana en Aroche
From €85/night for 2 people. VAT included.
Prices vary according to the time of year and number of nights.
Spanish and English
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
- Biosphere Certification
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
At Hotel Rural Finca La Media Legua we are committed to ecotourism as the backbone of our services.
- We are committed to renewable energy sources: we use solar panels for hot water, we use LED and energy-saving light bulbs to avoid light pollution so we can enjoy stargazing at night on the mountain, and the apartments are well insulated to keep out the cold/heat and avoid the unnecessary use of heating/air conditioning.
- Given our location in the middle of a chestnut grove, we maintain looking after it as a way of life and for us and the people who visit us to enjoy our senses.
- We raise awareness among our guests of the importance of respecting the exceptional environment around us.
- We are involved in promoting buying local goods and artisan products as a means of local development that showcase the tradition and rich culture of the area.
- We are partners and collaborate with the Lutra Association, a non-profit association that carries out different wildlife research, monitoring and recovery actions, as well as awareness-raising activities and environmental education about the natural and cultural values of the Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche Natural Park, among other things.
Ctra. Nacional Sevilla-Lisboa (N433) km 91.200 / 21200 Aracena (Huelva)