Have you ever been within three feet of the most powerful weightlifter on earth? Do you know the smallest eagle that exists? Learn about birds of prey and the actions to conserve them at the Águilas of Fuente Empedrada Center with Aquila Foundation.
Learn about endangered birds of prey, their secrets and how we can help conserve them. Connect with nature and with yourself.
We offer you a guided visit to the aviary of the Águilas de Fuente Empedrada Center, which houses unrecoverable specimens of the Iberian imperial eagle, Bonelli’s eagle, golden eagle, booted eagle, snake eagle, etc.
The visit can be rounded off with a visit to the Heart of the Eagle exhibition, environmental education activities, or personal growth workshops.
Stay in the rural house Águilas de Fuente Empedrada and enjoy the experiences lived and narrated by Dr. Juan M Blanco in a very singular journey where you will know details of the life of the birds of prey, participating in their conservation.
- Águilas de Fuente Empedrada Center is in Llanos de Oropesa, Lagartera and Calera y Chozas Special protection bird area (where it is possible to see bustard, bustard and Alcaraván).
- Road Madrigal de la Vera-Oropesa, km 24, 45567 Lagartera, Toledo. Exit 148 of the A-5 highway.
- Geographical Coordinates: 39°56’11.2 “N 5°12’34.1 “W
- Latitude 39.936456, Longitude -5.209481.
- Variable according to preferences. If you stay overnight, the minimum stay is two nights. If only the guided visit (2 h) is made and if the workshops are added, the day is half or one day.
- Guided visit to the aviary: 10 €/person for groups of more than 5 people.
- Children under 5 years old free of charge. Children between 6 and 17 years old: 5 €. (VAT included).
- Full rental of the rural house: 500 €/night (17-20 people).
- Price per person/night: 30 € (breakfast, VAT included).
- Price of workshops and other activities: on request.
- Minimum 5 people. Maximum 20.
Time of the year
- All year round (autumn and spring are recommended).
- Spanish, english.
Type of accommodation
Rural house. Full and per room rental. Bathroom and heating in all rooms (2 wheelchair accessible). Kitchen for breakfast for guests. 2 rooms for recreational activities and catering with capacity for 40 people. Training room. Free Wifi.
- Visit to the aviary: 2 hours
- Educational activity workshops: half day
- Accommodation with visit to the aviary and workshops: 1-2 nights.
- For groups staying more than 1 night, activities and visits to the surroundings will be proposed (ask for prices).
- Guided visit to the aviary and interpretative exhibition (2 h)
- Lodging in a rural house with breakfast.
- Catering of lunches and dinners is optional.
- Transfers to the Centre, lunches and dinners, extra drinks.
Aquila Foundation is a non-profit organization that develops conservation programs for endangered birds and environmental education activities. The center maintains unrecoverable specimens of raptors with which it develops captive breeding programs, research to prevent electrocution of birds, research on climate change. Aquila Foundation belongs to the Association of Foundations for the Conservation of Nature in Spain.
- Phone: 600 75 51 56
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org