Izkira Urdaibai is a small company in Mundaka, a beautiful little town and fantastic fishing port. We sail up and down the Oka river estuary, which is at the heart of Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve, in a boat called Izkira. It has the capacity for 12 people.
IZKIRA means caridean shrimps in English (quisquilla in Spanish), a small crustacean that lives wherever there is a small pool of water. It smells of the sea, salt and estuary. IZKIRA is feminine, it is harmony and above all it recognises its marine nature.
It is also a little boat for small groups who want to enjoy sailing along the estuary, listening to the sound of the water as they cut through it and spotting the different depths of the seabed formed by the Urdaibai sandbanks, always changing with the light of day at each tide, no matter whether it’s coming in or going out.
We promote tourism with a focus on sustainability in the natural area we work in, Urdaibai, with the aim of promoting the conservation of the Natural Heritage around us to travellers, tourists and anyone who wants to get to know the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve.
We provide regular transport (FERRY) between Mundaka, Sukarrieta and Laida Beach (Ibarrangelu). In addition to excursions and sightseeing and cultural boat trips along the estuary towards Gernika and/or along the coast between Mundaka-Ogoño-Izaro Island-Elantxobe
- Bird guide
Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve:
- Mundaka river
- Cabo Ogoño
- Isla Izaro
The boat is adapted for people with reduced mobility and in wheelchairs
- Transport (ferry): one way: 3€. Round trip: 5€
- 1 h: 20 € per person
- 1 h 30 min: 25 € per person
- 2 h: 30 € per person
- Special prices for groups
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- European Charter for Sustainable Tourism (ECST)
- SICTED Quality Label
- We’ve committed to the Turismo Euskadi Code of Ethics
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
- At Izkira Urdaibai, we are fully aware of the importance of looking after our environment. Therefore:
- We incorporate our commitment to improving the local area and the values of respect for the environment and for people into all our activities.
- We collaborate in each of the Zero Plastiko Urdaibai project campaigns to clean up the coastline.
- Tel.: 633331230
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.izkiraurdaibai.com