La Casa del Desierto
La Casa del Desierto, located at the heart of the Gorafe desert in the Granada Geopark, is a unique building that blends in perfectly with this special natural environment.
The house is fully glazed and has a self-sufficient design capable of withstanding the huge changes in temperature, which can vary by as much as 30º in a single day, thanks to its thermal glass that keeps the cold and the heat out, offering a comfortable place from which to enjoy the impressive views of the desert and stars.
This is undoubtedly a place where you can switch off in a fully-equipped house in the middle of the desert.
Services and facilities:
The house has a total area of 20m2, divided into 3 glazed sections:
- One bedroom with double bed (first section)
- Bathroom with shower (second section)
- Small living room with a couple of designer armchairs (third section)
- Small covered porch ideal for going out to stargaze on summer nights
- Kitchenware for two people
Type of accommodation
- Rural tourist accommodation
- Full rental
- Facilities adapted for people with reduced mobility and functional diversity
- Adapted activities are also offered
- Geopark of Granada
- Gorafe desert
Materials for activities
La Casa del Desierto can organise different activities and experiences such as 4×4 or hiking trips. If you’d like to do an activity to get to know the area, we provide:
- Monday to Thursday: €250 + VAT
- Friday to Sunday: €350 + VAT
- Meals: €80
Spanish, English and French
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
At Casa del Desierto we promote and raise awareness of the importance of caring for the environment, taking into account our environmental impact and working to minimise it as much as possible:
- We’re powered by solar energy and we filter rainwater to be used as drinking water.
- Bathwater is drained into a biologically-active septic tank where it is transformed into liquid fertiliser and returned to the land.
- We collaborate with local companies that monitor their environmental impact and offer experiences to get to know and enjoy the natural beauty of our area.
- We are committed to buying food from local suppliers and producers.
Camino de la meseta N/6. 8890 · Gorafe. Granada
- Tel.: 654 300 419
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.thehouseinthedesert.com