Rest and disconnect in the Casa Rural La Huerta del Cura Country House, in the Sierra Nevada National and Natural Park
Casa Rural la Huerta del Cura is in Nigüelas, a charming small Moorish town of Arabic origins nestling in the Valley of Lecrín at the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. It’s primary goal is to provide rest and disconnection from busy daily life. The silence, the sound of water from the fountain and the birdsong are the best balm to attain it. We have built it from scratch with much love and enthusiasm, attempting to use the most natural elements possible: wooden window frames, terracotta flooring, and recycled furniture and materials are proof of our commitment to the sustainability of our environment, but without forgetting the principal objective: comfort.
There are large walnut trees in the garden which provide a wonderful shade and an unbeatable temperature in summer, both outside and inside the accommodation, as well as a pretty vegetable garden with seasonal vegetables in which our guests will have the opportunity to smell and taste a recently picked tomato which has ripened on the plant. We also have a corral with rabbits and chickens which help us to manage all the kitchen waste generated in the house.
- Swimming pool
- Barbeque area
- Natural organic breakfasts
- The possibility of buying typical local products or trying our delicious cuisine
Type of accommodation
No. rooms / Capacity
Casa Rural La Huerta del Cura has available:
- 1 studio flat for 2 guests
- 1 Apartament for 2 guests
- 1 Apartament for 4 guests
The studio flat is adapted for people with restricted mobility.
- Sierra Nevada Natural and National Park
- El Padul lagoon
- Sierra de la Almijara
- Lecrín and Alpujarra valley
- 2 guests: 50€/night
- 4 guests: 100€/night
Marks of Approval (quality, sustainability)
- CETS European Charter for Sustainable Tourism
Commitments to biodiversity conservation and local development
From the very beginning Casa Rural La Huerta del Cura has acquired a strong commitment to environmental sustainability and to our territory:
- We use low consumption lightbulbs and electrical goods and have solar panels for our hot water.
- We belong to the Tourism Association of Valle del Lecrín, where we create synergies with other businesses to promote local development.
- We promote local shopping by inviting clients to buy from local producers such as beekeepers, and farmers and cattle farmers with their own butcher stores.
- We belong to health sovereignty groups to learn and spread all the ancestral wisdom around edible and medicinal plants now in disuse, promoting a connection to Gaia. We have created a part of the garden where aromatic herbs and medicinal plants can be seen so that we can explain their properties.
- Tel.: +34 647 484 969
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web: www.lahuertadelcura.com