Los Riegos. Casa de Aldea y Apartamentos
The Los Riegos Rural Guesthouse opened in 2008. It was a new building in a farm on the outskirts of the Belerda (Caso) mountain village, bordered by the Quixaorio stream and with direct access to the road leading into the village. We are around 500m from the As117 main road.
The building is divided into three separate units:
- The left one contains the bedrooms and common areas
- The middle one contains the kitchen (for individual use and for serving customers) as well as the storage and washing area
- The right one is our home
It was built in line with the characteristics of traditional buildings in the area (areas of exposed stone, wood on the roof, lintels, a paved floor outside, etc.). The hotel area consists of two floors. The top floor has 4 rooms facing a large covered outdoor balcony and the bottom floor has 3 rooms, a reception area and dining room (used for breakfast and dinner).
Breakfast is served in the garden, weather permitting. The large upper balcony, outdoor terraces, and garden area are some of the most used and most beautiful areas of our house.
Services and facilities:
- Breakfast and dinner (book in advance)
- Extensive library with many books on Redes – about the mountains, Asturias in general, nature, ethnography, etc.
- Free WiFi in the common areas that reaches some rooms. Car parking for 7 vehicles.
The Los Riegos Apartments opened in June 2020 in a converted stable located in the centre of the Belerda village, around 300m from the main house. Each floor has a separate apartment with:
- Living room-kitchen
- Double bedroom
- Complete bathroom (with separate toilet).
- Covered outside space
- Private garden area.
- Individual entrances.
The conversion has areas of exposed stone, wood, and old Arabic tiles. The reception is in the guesthouse and there is free WiFi. Breakfast is not available in the apartments. You can park in the village without any problems.
Type of accommodation
- Rural guesthouse
- Tourist apartment
- Casa de Aldea from 2 to 14 people
- Apartamentos Los Riegos from 2 to 4 people
As we are situated at the heart of Redes Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve, we are close to the following natural monuments:
- Devoyu Cave
- Tabayón del Mongayu waterfall
- Ruta del Alba trail
The ground floor of the rural guesthouse and one of the rooms has been made accessible for people with limited mobility.
- Double rooms: from €75 to €90 per night. Breakfast and VAT included.
- Apartments: from 90€ per night. VAT included.
French and English
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
- Belongs to the ALDEAS brand, Aturias, rural quality
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
At Los Riegos, we are aware of the need to take care of the environment and respect our surroundings. That is why we adopt measures that help to minimise the impact of our activity, reducing our consumption of energy, water, and other resources:
- We use renewable energy (solar panels to support heating and hot water) and energy-efficient devices.
- We use rainwater to water the gardens.
- We have implemented a waste reduction, reuse and recycling policy.
- We are keen to help reduce the use of plastics, so we avoid single-use plastics as much as possible. For example, we do not use plastic water bottles, leaving glass bottles with tap water in the rooms instead.
- We help to count butterflies, moths, and fauna in the park (golden eagle, vulture, odonates, etc.).
- We participate in the village’s community work days.
- Casa de Aldea: Belerda nº 24. 33996 Caso
- Apartamentos Los Riegos: Belerda nº 26. 33996 Caso
- Tel.: 985 613 871 / 639 618 108
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.losriegos.com