Parador de Cangas de Onís
On the banks of the Sella River, surrounded by the spectacular Picos de Europa mountains, the Parador de Cangas de Onís awaits in an unbelievably beautiful spot. The hotel is located in the former San Pedro de Villanueva Monastery, a beautiful building with spectacular rooms of stone and wood with elegant, warm and traditional décor. The event rooms and riverside garden are ideal places for an unforgettable celebration. We take meticulous care with every detail and offer the best cuisine, so you can fully enjoy this idyllic spot.
The Parador is two kilometres from Cangas de Onís, making it an ideal starting point for visits to the Picos de Europa National Park, shrine and lakes of Covadonga, and even charming coastal towns such as Llanes and Ribadesella.
This is a place to enjoy picture-postcard scenery, perfect walking routes around lakes and mountains and blissful calm in a privileged location.
The Parador has a restaurant, library, event rooms, cafeteria, Asturian cheese bar, buffet breakfast service, WiFi and free parking, gardens, bike-friendly area, children’s playground, arboretum, and insect hotel.
Type of accommodation
- Four-star Parador de Cangas de Onís
- Book individual rooms, entire hotel, etc.
- Picos de Europa National Park
- Ponga Natural Park
- Sierra del Sueve
2 of the rooms are adapted to guest needs and the entire hotel has been built without barriers or the need to take alternative routes
- From €110 to €275 for a two-person accommodation in a standard room.
- Temporary business deals may be available
English, French and German
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
- Q of Quality
- ISO 14001
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
The Parador de Cangas de Onís is strongly committed to ecotourism:
- We have signed agreements with the Bearded Vulture Foundation and offer dishes including lamb with the ProBiodiversity Guarantee Mark in our restaurant, promoted by the aforementioned foundation.
- We work with the Global Nature Foundation to develop specific actions to responsibly promote the area and follow good environmental practices.
- We have participated as a pilot project in the Nature Experiences Programme “Nature for the Senses”, designing tourist experiences that adhere to sustainability criteria in collaboration with local agents.
- We have agreements with the University of Oviedo to offer talks to bring people closer to culture and provide training for adults who have not had the opportunity to study.
- Environmental education is another key element of our work. We have created an arboretum with trees and plants native to the Picos de Europa and an insect hotel to raise awareness of the importance of pollinators, which is visited by children from our schools every year.
Monasterio de San Pedro de Villanueva S/N Villanueva de Cangas