Perlakua Saka is located in the Arriola district, in the hills of Itziar, from which there are spectacular vistas of sea, land and sky. Perlakua is the farmhouse of an old cattle ranch: “Marquis of Saka”, dating from 1897, and now run by the Arrizabalaga family.
It has been restored and converted into an agritourism centre, with accommodation, bar and restaurant, conserving its rustic character with a combination of wood, stone and brick.
There are 6 double rooms with bathroom and TV, one of which is adapted for people with disability. The 6 rooms are decorated in a style appropriate to the age of the farmhouse, with restored furniture so as not to lose the essence, and embellished with subtle touches of modernity. There is a sitting room with TV and chimney and a small cosy room, for the exclusive use of our guests.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Saka restaurant are all home-cooked. There is an ample and varied menu of seasonal fare to satisfy the most demanding palate among our visitors. Due to the proximity of the producers in the area, the freshness and quality of the products – vegetables, meats and fish from the Cantabrian Sea – mean that the final result is perfect.
In the vicinity of the farmhouse we can daydream in the local woods, enjoy the panoramic views or take a dip from the beaches of Deba, Mutriku and Zumaia. Of note is the Basque Coast Geopark, where the impressive 13km coastline of spectacular cliffs makes up the geological formation known as Flysch.
Type of accommodation
- Agritourism centre, rural cottage, apartment.
- Basque Coast Geopark
- Pagoeta Natural Park
- Deba Zumaia Flysch Protected Coastal Biotope
Rooms / Capacity
- Agritourism centre: 6 double rooms, 12 guests
- Apartment: 4 guests
- Rural cottage: 2 double rooms, 4 guests.
3 double rooms adapted for disabled guests (reduced mobility and wheelchair users), 1 in agritourism centre and 2 in rural cottage.
- Double room: Low season 50€ High season 60€
- Apartment: Low season 110€ High season 130€
Accreditations, Standards (Quality, Sustainability)
- A collaborative partner of the Basque Coast Geopark
- Committed to Integrated Quality Management in Spanish Tourist Destinations (SICTED)
- Member of the Euaskadi Gastronomika products club.
Commitment to biodiversity conservation and local development
- In the restaurant the majority of products are KM0, from market gardens close to home, so contributing to the socio-economic development of the area.
- Best practice in compliance with SICTED requirements
Barrio Arriola s/n – C.P.: 20829 Itziar DEBA Gipuzkoa (Spain)
Datos de contacto
- Phones: +34 615739432 – +34 943191137
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.sakabaserria.com