LANZAROTE BIOSPHERE RESERVE (Canary Islands)
Discover the Biosphere Reserve of Lanzarote from another point of view, through exclusive activities in different ecosystems of the island.
Sail in kayak and live the experience of diving into a marine cave located in the South of the island. Snorkel to know the rich underwater biodiversity in a 3-hour excursion accompanied by qualified guides, experts on geology and marine biodiversity. With the company Kayak Lanzarote.
Next, we will move to the North of the island to make a trail through one of the most spectacular landscapes of the Biosphere Reserve: the Famara Cliff (in the area of El Rio viewpoint). This is a nature protected area with important geological values and terrestrial biodiversity, where you will get to know some of the exclusive plant endemisms of our island, be able to observe the important variety of birds that nest or fly over this place, always under the imposing background of the Cliff of Famara and the spectacular view over the Chinijo Archipelago. With the Blackstone company.
Before going to rest, get to know the natural values of the `Sabila´ plant (Aloe vera) grown on the island of Lanzarote. Participate on a practical workshop at the Aloe Vera Museum in Punta Mujeres (Haría) to learn how to make a natural exfoliant with this plant and another resources of the island such as the sea salt. With the company Aloe Plus Lanzarote.
Finally, rest in one of our most charming rural lodgings (Casa Emblematica Garaday or Caserío de Güime). tasting local products such as the volcanic malvasia wines or the goat cheese.
What it is included on this experience
This pack is for four people including:
- Two night accommodation at CASA EMBLEMATICA GARADAY or EL CASERÍO DE GÜIME, located near the Protected Landscape of La Geria (the most important cultivated area for wine in the island), 20-minutes driving from the Timanfaya National Park.
- Tasting of local products (wines, cheese, `batatas fritas´ (local fried potatoes), jams,…) at the accommodation curtesy of the Lanzarote Biosphere Reserve.
- Guided visit to the South of the island. Kayak excursion near the Natural Monument of Los Ajaches (Nature Protected Area), entering by kayak in a small marine cave and doing a small practice of snorkeling to discover the marine biodiversity of this environment, with KAYAK LANZAROTE. About 3 hours duration.
- Guided visit to the North of the island. Excursion in the area of the Famara Cliff to learn about its geology and unique plant species, nesting birds (hawks, pipits, ravens, etc.) and migrants. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Chinijo Archipelago, the largest Marine Reserve in Europe, with BLACKSTONE. Duration of about 3 or 4 hours.
- Guided visit to the Aloe vera Museum including a workshop to make a natural exfoliant using this plant and sea salt from the island, with ALOE PLUS LANZAROTE.
The prize can be enjoyed all around the year except on July and August. Book on advance necessary. Subject to availability.