Urdaibai km0 began its adventure in early 2019. Located in Busturia, in the heart of the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve, we’re committed to sustainability and respect for the environment. We also prioritise the promotion of Basque traditions and culture, and we’ve developed a dossier with information about these traditions. Furthermore, we’ve adapted the apartments to the environment and built a modern, comfortable, eco-friendly home that uses renewable energies.
We offer a wide variety of activities and guided visits to places of interest in Urdaibai, Bizkaia and the Basque Country (in partnership with local companies). Our excellent location and the availability of transportation make it very easy to move around the Basque coast or visit cities like Bilbao or San Sebastián. Close to Mundaka, Bermeo, Gernika and Bilbao.
Part of our warm hospitality involves offering high-quality Zero Km products made by local companies to help our guests discover and enjoy Busturialdea-Urdaibai.
The house has two apartments, which can be rented separately or together. One apartment has 4 double bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, a living-dining room, 2 bathrooms, a pellet stove, a porch, a private garden with furniture and a private entrance. The other apartment has 2 bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, a living-dining room, 1 bathroom, a pellet stove, a porch, a private garden with furniture, and a private entrance.
Features: bed linen and towels, fully equipped kitchen (washing machine, microwave, crockery, and kitchen utensils), hair dryer, Wi-Fi, TV, heating, laundry, travel cot, and advice for visitors.
Our apartments are located in the heart of the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve.
Nearby, you’ll find the Urdaibai marshes, the Mundaka and Laga beaches, the Santimamiñe Caves, the Oma Forest, Bermeo, the Urdaibai Bird Centre, and the Basondo Wildlife Refuge.
Number of rooms/capacity
6 rooms / Maximum of 14 people
The apartment for 4-6 people is suitable for people with functional diversity (reduced mobility, hearing difficulties, vision impairment, or intellectual disabilities).
Axpe-Busturia, 12 Letra O.
48350, Busturia (Bizkaia)
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- European Charter for Sustainable Tourism (ECST).
- Corporate Social Responsibility Plan available.
- We’ve committed to the Turismo Euskadi Code of Ethics.
- Information available throughout the house on the responsible operation of the facilities (recycling, energy, and water consumption).
- There are 2 books published by IHOBE in each bedroom: the first details 52 tips to combat climate change, and the second offers 52 tips to promote diversity.
- We encourage the use of public transport with a €5 voucher for groups of 4 people.
- Exterior lights equipped with a timer.
- Parking for bicycles.
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
- As a partner of Nekatur and Tourdaibai, we recommend companies associated with these organizations for all types of activities.
- We offer activity packages with local companies: Visit Urdaibai and Ekobideak.
- We work with Zero Km products from Urdaibai.
Spanish, Basque and English
- Tel.: 655 71 03 72
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: nekatur.net/urdaibaikm0