Gorbeia Natural Park
WILEXTOURS offers specialised guided hiking and nature observation trips in Spain for international tourists. The majority last about a week, during which time you’ll see birds, mammals, plants and ethnographic and gastronomic uses in Spain.
- We offer several activities to learn about and observe nature in the Basque Country, exploring its protected areas and places of interest.
- We can also tailor our trips to the interests of our clients.
We work mainly in:
- Gorbeia Natural Park
- Other natural parks in the Basque Country
We also offer experiences in other parts of Spain such as the Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and Gredos.
- The experiences are not adapted for people with reduced mobility.
- The recommended price is 250 euros per day (excluding VAT)
Quality and/or sustainability practices & awards
- Company certified by the Ecotourism Club in Spain
- Basque Sustainable Tourism Seal
Company’s commitment to conservation of biodiversity and local development
Wilextours is strongly committed to the conservation of biodiversity and local development through actions such as:
- We offset the carbon emissions of our trips by funding and planting trees through the Lurgaia Foundation.
- We’re partners of several NGOs working for the conservation of biodiversity, and we participate in initiatives that promote knowledge and citizen science, sharing bird lists.
- We support local guides, hiring them in the places we visit.
- We show our customers the surrounding area and its links with society, customs and traditions, in addition, of course, to its contemporary problems, so that they’re aware not only of what animals there are, but also of the specific circumstances of the nature of this area.